7.5

A guy at work today was telling me about how he doesn't date girls that are less than a 7.5. And he showed me a picture of a girl he was thinking about (he's not sure she is "hot" enough/high up enough on the scale) asking out. She is tall, thin, tan, has long blonde hair and of course wants to be some kind of fashion intern.

This got me thinking about what rating on "the scale" would get. But sadly, this means I have to get compared to a 10 to figure it out, which on his (or most men in general's) scale, is an 18 year old blonde skinny, tiny thing. So then I didn't even want to think about it anymore because it was too depressing. I'm definitely not 18 anymore. Or blonde. I'm not skinny either but I'm working on that one each week on the treadmill. Everyone tells me I have a gorgeous face, and I know I am awesome personality wise (I'm seriously a pretty fun person)...but those two things don't matter much on "the scale". Tack on my not so perfect past and I end up on a totally different scale I'm sure. But you know, its like that blog post on The Single Mormon Girl's Guide to Life. She says:
...right now there is probably a 25 year old returned missionary hitting on an apartment full of freshmen girls as we speak. And he’ll pick out the prettiest one in college just long enough to find a husband so she can quit her elementary education program (as told by my EE friends). They’ll get married and you’ll be free to spot the guys who are looking for girls who went to college to get an education, don’t play helpless when it comes to getting something done, and aren’t perfectly designed as a replacement for their mom’s cooking and cleaning skills

...those [the freshman giggly]types of girls always seem to get snatched right up, the guys those girls are marrying are not ones we would want anyway. And now the dating pool has one less guy that we don’t want, making it easier to spot the good ones.
When I first read that I laughed out loud, because I love it so much. Its SO true. For the most part. I do realize there are exceptions out there. But I mean really...we all know that 25 year old and we all know "those girls", right? So I join Lula in saying "Freshmen, they are all yours, our Thank You card is on its way."

Yes I might have pouted a bit earlier, maybe felt a little sorry for myself. But then I went to institute, was filled with the Spirit and now I don't care about my "rating" or past mistakes or what guys might think about me. Because I know that through the atonement, I'm perfected in Him. And as much as I would like to date a really good, down to earth guy and get married and have cute little babies...I'll be okay if I don't. Because I have an absolutely perfect Father in Heaven who thinks the world of me and loves me. So He'll help me figure it out either way.

1 comment: